If you’re looking for the best scar cream for your face, you’ve come to the right place. Here, we’ve rounded up the top-rated scar creams on the market, according to customer reviews.
From formulas that hydrate and heal to treatments that fade existing scars, these products have helped countless people achieve better-looking skin. So, whether you’re dealing with acne scars, surgery scars, or stretch marks from pregnancy, there’s a scar cream out there that can help.
To find the best one for your needs, take into consideration your skin type and any other concerns you might have. For instance, if you have sensitive skin, opt for a hypoallergenic formula. And if you’re looking for something to prevent scars from forming in the first place, choose a product with SPF.
Once you’ve taken those factors into account, scroll down to see the best scar creams, according to customers. With any of these picks, you’ll be one step closer to achieving flawless-looking skin. Here are some best Moisturizers For Dry Skin in 2023
- SPECIALLY FORMULATED to work with your skin's nighttime regenerative activity to visibly reduce the appearance of scars caused by acne, surgery, burns, and injury, all while you sleep.
- CLINICALLY SHOWN to improve the color, size, and overall appearance of scars, helping them appear softer, smoother, smaller and less visible.
- UNIQUE TRIPLE ACTION FORMULA, with Cepalin botanical extract & TriPeptolTM, penetrates beneath the surface of the skin to help: Lock in Moisture, Collagen Formation and Cell Renewal.
- #1 RECOMMENDED BRAND: Mederma is the #1 Recommended Brand of Scar Treatments among Doctors, Pharmacists, Pediatricians, Dermatologists and Plastic Surgeons* (IQVIA ProVoice Survey, April 2022)
- #1 doctor and pharmacist recommended brand for scars
- MEDICAL GRADE SILICONE SCAR GEL | From the Makers of the Industry-leading HealFast Surgery Recovery Formulas & Trusted by Plastic Surgeons, Dermatologists, and Burn experts nationwide for all ages & skin types.
- ADVANCED CROSSPOLYMER SILICONE SCAR GEL | #1 RECOMMENDED INGREDIENT by US Physicians surveyed* for scar reduction from surgery, injury, acne, C-Section, pregnancy, and more.
- PHYSICIAN-MADE SURGERY-GRADE SCAR GEL | CONTAINS ONLY SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN INGREDIENTS to support new & old scar removal and skin repair. No additives, placebo or harmful ingredients.
- MULTI-PURPOSE USE | Scars from surgery, burns, cosmetic procedures, mole removal, c section, injuries, acne scar removal, as a healing ointment, pregnancy lotion, burn scar cream, and to reduce abnormal scarring & scar discoloration.
- FOR BEST RESULTS | Use scar gel for surgical scars or as part of an acne scar treatment plan with the HealFast Surgery & Injury Recovery Supplement to create the ultimate scar treatment regimen.
- VERSATILE USE- This Scar Cream Cream works for many types of scars. It’s an intensive solution for acne scars, surgery scars, stretch marks, C-section scars and scars from burns, cuts, and other injuries for Men and Women.
- NATURAL & GENTLE FORMULA - The natural formula is your skin’s best friend. Formulated with premium ingredients to decrease irritation so you can confidently use the cream without any worries. The natural ingredients are key to boosting the healing and recovery of scars. With regular application.
- NOURISHES, STRENGTHENS, BRIGHTENS SKIN - Our special blend of nourishing and effective ingredients is suitable for all skin types including very sensitive skin, oily skin, dry skin, and combination skin types. Our scar repair cream enhances the skin’s elasticity for firmer and smoother skin while softening, soothing, and repairing skin.
- EASY-TO-USE: Massage gently once or twice daily. Easily soften scar tissue and reduce pain with our repair cream. To even better hasten the healing process, protect your scar from the sun.
- FASTEST SCAR REMOVAL RESULTS – Clinical studies show that new scars will go away in just 8 weeks and old scars will show results in 6-8 months. Remember that the age and severity of the scar will both impact the results shown, but all scars will show positive results!
- #1 Doctor Recommended Ingredient Scar Cream - Scar Gel is a powerful scar-fighting solution made with 100% medical-grade silicone trusted by physicians, dermatologists, and burn centers worldwide.
- Smoother, Softer, Normalized Skin - Our professional formula is designed to effectively flatten and minimize the look of scars while repairing the skin to prevent abnormal scarring. It also diminishes redness and relieves itchiness and discomfort.
- For All Ages & Skin Types - The odorless, colorless, and self-drying formula is ideal for use on any part of the face and body, even hard to treat and exposed areas. The scar gel is appropriate for use on children and those with sensitive skin.
- PROVEN MORE EFFECTIVE than silicone strips | Clinically proven to increases hydration of the stratum corneum and facilitates regulation of fibroblast production and reduction in collagen production; Results in a minimized, less visible, softer and flatter scar; Allows skin to "breathe" during the treatment process.
- NEW PUMP WITH LATEST TECHNOLOGY. No Odor | Non-Greasy | Clear Application | Hydrating | Contains Silicone Gel, Anti-Oxidants and Vitamin E
- BEST SELLER scar cream gives optimal performance on scars created within 1 year, but can also minimize old scars. Intensive scar removal treatment includes 100% professional grade silicone gel; Effective treatment for surgical scars, C-section scars, cuts, burns and abrasions
- ACTUAL DOCTORS have created this formula. New, Easy to Dispense Vessel. More Than Double the Amount Of Other Brands (1.7 Ounces or 50 Grams). Spreads easily; Creators of formula have over 40 years of treating scars and patients.
- MADE IN THE USA; Cruelty Free - LOVE IT OR SEND IT BACK, NO QUESTIONS ASKED! The only thing that matters to us is your happiness. Hence, in the unlikely event that you aren’t 100% content with your purchase, all you need to do is return it within 90 DAYS, and we will issue you a full refund – no questions asked!
- 【Silicone Scar Gel】Medical-Grade Silicone from Dow Corning does not contain any hormones and can be used by pregnant women and children. Silicone is the first scar removal Ingredient recommended by the “International Scar Association” and clinically proven to improve the color, size, texture, and overall appearance of abnormal scars of various sizes and locations, including Hyperplastic (red and raised), Keloid, Acne scar, C-Section Scars and Stretch Mark.
- 【Stretch Mark Cream】Our Silicone Scar Remover Cream for surgical scars dries within minutes, forming a flexible, breathable, waterproof sheet over the affected area. It is breathable and impermeable, which can ensure the normal breathing of the skin, accelerate the metabolism of scar tissue, and can moisturize the skin surface to soften the scar and eliminate discomfort.
- 【Obvious Anti-itching Function】Utilizing the unique process to extract the essence of marine organisms, unique formula (with invention patent), the product has an obvious anti-itching function, which can effectively alleviate and eliminate the itching during the process of scar treatment.
- 【Safe, High-Quality Scar Remover】After rubbing, this stretch marks remover cream can completely penetrate the skin, enhancing the efficacy and making it comfortable to apply. It acts like a second layer of skin, providing 24-hour efficacy.
- 【100% Satisfaction】Our manufacture has good qualifications. Product quality is guaranteed. Results can be seen in as little as two to three weeks. Full results may be seen in 60-90 days for new scars and 90 days or more for older scars. If you are not happy with our product or service, please contact us
- Fading Cream - Take your skin to the next level with our blemish concealer face scar cream for old scars new scars and stretch marks that works as a potent emollient moisturizer for optimal skin care
- Vitamin E Cream for Scars - Try out vitamin E scar cream for kids and adults made with nourishing ingredients like Kokum butter Rosehip oil Cocoa butter and other natural clear skin products
- Stretch Mark Lotion - Nourish your skin with our humectant moisturizer whipped body butter for women and men designed to promote healthier looking skin from head to toe with anti aging ingredients
- Shea Butter Formula - Our silky shea butter lotion is packed with natural skin care products designed to keep your skin hydrated and nourished which can help conceal blemishes naturally over time
- Honeydew Quality - Trust Honeydew with all of your skin care needs because we believe better results come from better ingredients and use only the finest cruelty paraben and silicone free ingredients
- safety warning: For external use only. When using this product do not get into eyes. Stop use and ask a doctor if condition worsens or symptoms last more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days. Do not use on deep puncture wounds, animal bites, and serious burns. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- directions: Mederma PM Intensive Overnight Scar Cream should be evenly applied and gently massaged into the scar once nightly until fully absorbed for 8 weeks on newer scars and 3-6 months on older scars. Begin using Mederma PM as soon as new skin has formed, typically two or more weeks after the injury or surgery. Make sure the scab has come off naturally and any stitches have been removed. On older scars you may start using Mederma immediately. Do not apply to broken skin.
- Non-rinse formula
Types of scars and their causes
There are many types of scars, and they can be caused by a variety of things. Some of the most common types of scars include:
Acne scars: These are usually the result of inflamed blemishes and can appear as either red marks or dark spots.
Burns: Burns can cause both superficial and deep scars. Superficial burn scars typically heal within a few months, but deep scarring may require surgery.
Cuts and lacerations: Scars from cuts and lacerations may be either raised or sunken. They can often be prevented by properly caring for the wound and keeping it clean.
Keloids: Keloids are raised, thickened scars that develop when scar tissue grows excessively. They can occur after surgery, injury, or even acne.
Contractures: Contractures are scars that limit the movement of your skin. They often occur as a result of burns.
The Best Scar Cream for Each Type of Scar
If you’re looking for the best scar cream, you’ve probably realized that there are a lot of options out there. And with so many different types of scars, it can be tricky to know which product is right for you.
But don’t worry – we’ve got you covered. In this article, we’ll give you a rundown of the best scar creams on the market, as well as some tips on how to choose the right one for your needs.
So whether you’re dealing with acne scars, surgery scars, or any other type of scar, read on to find the best scar cream for you.
If you’re dealing with acne scars, you’ll want to look for a scar cream that contains ingredients like retinoids, vitamin C, or hydroquinone. These ingredients can help to improve the appearance of scars by stimulating collagen production and evening-out skin tone.
One of our top picks for an acne scar cream is Derma E Scar Gel. This gel contains vitamin C and aloe vera, which work together to help fade scars and promote healing.
If you have surgery scars, your best bet is a silicone-based scar cream. Silicone has been shown to be one of the most effective ingredients for treating surgery scars, as it helps to soften and flatten them.
Mederma is one of the most popular brands when it comes to silicone-based scar creams, and their Surgery Scar Gel is a great option for treating surgery scars. This gel contains silicone as well as botanical extracts to help soothe and heal your skin. Here are some best Derma Rollers in 2023
Keloid scars are raised, thick scars that can be difficult to treat. If you’re dealing with keloids, you’ll want to look for a scar cream that contains ingredients like retinoids, corticosteroids, or 5-FU. These ingredients can help to shrink keloids and make them less noticeable.
How to use the scar cream for the best results
There are many ways to use scar cream for the face. You can apply it before going to bed and let it work overnight, or you can apply it in the morning and let it work throughout the day. You can also apply it multiple times a day, depending on how often you need to use it. If you have a lot of scars, you may need to use it more often.
The most important thing is to be consistent with your scar cream usage. Apply it at least once a day, every day, for the best results. And be patient! It can take several weeks or even months for the scar cream to work its magic. But if you stick with it, you will see a noticeable difference in the appearance of your scars.
Scar cream side effects and how to avoid them
Most scar creams on the market today can cause side effects ranging from mild to severe. To avoid these, it is important to choose a product that is made with natural ingredients and that has been proven to be effective in clinical studies.
Some of the most common side effects associated with scar creams include:
If you experience any of these side effects, it is important to discontinue use immediately and consult your doctor. These side effects can usually be avoided by choosing a product that contains natural ingredients and that has been clinically tested.
If you experience any of these side effects, it is important to discontinue use immediately and consult with a physician.
There are many scar creams on the market that claim to be effective, but there is only a handful that has been proven to be safe and effective in clinical studies. One such product is Dermatix Ultra.
Dermatix Ultra is made with silicone, which has been shown to be an effective treatment for scars. In addition, it contains vitamin C, which helps to fade dark scars and promote healing.
To avoid scar cream side effects, it is important to choose a product that is made with natural ingredients and that has been proven to be effective in clinical studies. Dermatix Ultra is a safe and effective scar treatment that can help you achieve the results you desire. Try it today!
- Back to the original beauty of the skin: Compared to expensive cosmetic services, our method is safer and more effective thanks to a developed by manufacturers and dermatologists.
- Fade Scar Color and Texture: The scar gel helps fade the color and texture of scars, leaving the skin fine and soft. Bring your skin back to its original state.
- Reduce Scar Size: The scar gel helps reduce the size of scars and raised areas. 8 weeks to reduce the size of new scars and 3 to 6 months to reduce the size of old scars.
- Helps Heal Scars: It helps relieve most types of scars caused by surgery, caesarean section, wounds, burns, stretch marks and cosmetic surgery.
- Increase Skin Rejuvenation: The refreshing is easily absorbed and the gel's powerful ingredients promote skin renewal and improve the appearance of scars.
- [Bioskin Advanced Scar Removal Gel]: Made with Retinol and Allantoin, Our Formula Helps Promote Skin Health, Firmness, and Elasticity to Reduce the Appearance of Most Types of Scars, Including Surgical, Burn, Hypertrophic, and Keloids. Make Your Skin Look Smooth and Even!
- [Powerful Scar Removal]: Our scar removal gel features ingredients that help limit collagen fiber regrowth. Diminishes redness and relieves itchiness and discomfort. Makes the skin heal faster.
- [That Lessen Strain on the Scar]: Bioskin Advanced Scar Removal Gel Has Qualities That Lessen Strain on the Scar, by Providing Moisture to Soften the Top Layer of Skin, Creating a Barrier to Keep Moisture In, and Assisting Cells in Regenerating and Remodeling the Connective Tissue Underneath the Scar.
- [Various Treatment]: Great for different scars, such as acne, surgery, burns, cuts, and other injuries repair. Can be used on the face, neck, chest, back, legs, and arms. It’s suitable for all skin types.
- [Scar Gel Helps Improve Skin]: Your Beauty Lies in the Skin. Bioskin Advanced Scar Removal Gel is Specially Developed for Scars, Making Skin Smooth and Soft. Light & Practical Gel Texture on a Big Mission!
- Reduces Stretch Marks: Scar Gel contains ingredients that help improve the texture and condition of scars and stretch marks, while visibly moisturizing and softening for healthier-looking, revitalized skin. Scar removal creams can reduce current stretch marks and help prevent stretch marks in the future.
- Main Function: The scar repair cream helps repair damaged skin, improves tone and texture, nourishes and brightens skin.
- Scar Skin Repair: The skin care repair cream is specially designed for damaged and scarred skin, leaving your skin looking better.
- Wide Purpose: This cream is suitable for different scars.
- Safe and Effective: After cleaning the skin, dig out appropriate amount and apply to the scarred area, gently massage until absorbed, will be effective after a month.
- Bottled and Portable: The scar removal cream has 50ml, bottled and easy to carry, convenient for travel, out going.
- It Can Smooth, Soften & Improve The Appearance Of Associated With Skin Trauma, Wounds, And Burns, Fade Scar Melanin, Remover Stretch Marks, Pockmark Repairs. Pore ucing Men's Gift Pore Extractor Morning Moisturizer Exfoliating Face Scrub
- Reduce The Surface Tension Of The Scar And The Synthesis Of -tension Collagen Fibers. Pore ucing Exfoliating Face Scrub Sculpting Wand Serious Skin Care Nose head Remover
- Promote Local Circulation, Improve Tissue Metabolism And Nutrient Supply. Face Tape for Wrinkles Exfoliating Face Scrub Serious Skin Care Moisturizer Morning Moisturizer
- Promote Skin Metabolism And Absorption, Change Condition. Men's Gift Nose head Remover Exfoliating Face Scrub Mens Face Care Mens Exfoliating Face Scrub
- Visible Results Can Be Seen In 1-3 Months, And And Marks Are Significantly Reduced After Use. Nose head Remover Star Pimple Patch Facial Exfoliating Scrub No 7 Line Correcting Boosting Morning Moisturizer
Q: What are some of the best scar creams on the market?
A: Some of the best scar creams include silicone-based products, such as Epi-Derm and Dermatix. These help to reduce the appearance of scars by hydrating the skin and creating a barrier that protects against further irritation. Other options include vitamin E-based creams, such as Mederma, which can help to fade existing scars and prevent new ones from forming.
Q: How do I choose the right scar cream for my needs?
A: The best way to choose a scar cream is to consult with a dermatologist or another medical professional who can assess your individual needs. In general, however, silicone-based products are a good choice for those looking to reduce the appearance of scars, while vitamin E-based creams can help to fade existing scars and prevent new ones from forming.
Q: How do I use a scar cream?
A: Most scar creams should be applied twice daily, in the morning and evening. Be sure to cleanse the skin before applying the cream, and apply it to the affected area in a thin layer. Gently massage the cream into the skin until it is fully absorbed. Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes, and wash hands after application. If you experience any irritation, discontinue use and consult your doctor.
Q: Are there any side effects associated with scar creams?
A: In general, scar creams are safe for most people to use. However, some people may experience minor side effects, such as redness, itching, or burning. If you experience any of these symptoms, discontinue use and consult your doctor.
Q: How long does it take for a scar cream to work?
A: The results of using a scar cream will vary depending on the individual and the specific product being used. In general, however, most people will see some improvement within 4-8 weeks of regular use. For best results, continue to use the product as directed until the desired results are achieved.