When you have dry skin, it can feel tight, itchy, and irritated. You may also notice that your skin looks duller than usual. A good quality serum can help to address these issues by delivering hydration and nutrients deep into the skin. In this article, we will review the best serums for dry skin on the market in 2023.
The best serum for dry skin will depend on your specific needs. If you are looking for a product to help with fine lines and wrinkles, then you will want a serum that contains hyaluronic acid or retinol. For a boost of hydration, look for serums that contain glycerin or hyaluronic acid. If you have sensitive skin, then you will want to avoid serums with fragrances or other harsh ingredients.
When choosing a serum for dry skin, it is important to consider the ingredients. Some ingredients, like hyaluronic acid, are great for all skin types, while others, like retinol, are best suited for specific skin concerns. Be sure to read the label carefully and choose a product that contains only ingredients that are beneficial for dry skin.
We’ve rounded up the best serums for dry skin below. These products have been selected based on their ability to hydrate and nourish the skin, as well as their ability to target specific concerns like fine lines and wrinkles. Here are some best Wrinkle Fillers in 2023.
Table of Contents
- [ HYALURONIC ACID SERUM ] CeraVe Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid Serum for Face is formulated with our highest concentration of hyaluronic acid, an ingredient that helps retain skin’s natural moisture. Helps skin appear more hydrated and smoother.
- [ SMOOTH TEXTURE ] Lightweight, hydrating serum with a smooth, gel texture. If layering with an eye cream or facial moisturizer, apply HA Serum in a thin layer to slightly damp skin and allow to fully absorb into skin before applying additional products.
- [ ALL DAY HYDRATION ] With Vitamin B5 to help soothe skin. Features CeraVe's patented MVE ingredient-delivery technology to continually release moisturizing ingredients and provide 24-hour lasting hydration.
- [ 3 ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier
- [ DEVELOPED WITH DERMATOLOGISTS ] CeraVe Skincare is developed with dermatologists and has products suitable for dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, acne-prone, and more.
- DEEP, LONG LASTING HYDRATION: Experience the moisturizing power of Hyaluronic Acid! Embrace newfound confidence with the Good Molecules Hyaluronic Acid Serum made with powerful ingredients to help your skin maintain its radiant glow!
- PLUMP, FIRM, AND MOISTURIZE: Notice the difference in your skin! This serum works to restore moisture, bringing out the best in your skin. The lightweight serum helps your skin to appear supple, smooth, and firm.
- POTENT FORMULA FOR RADIANT SKIN: Our serum contains two forms of hyaluronic acid with different molecular weights, allowing it to penetrate multiple layers of the skin and combat dehydration, and loss of firmness.
- PERFECT ADDITION TO YOUR BEAUTY REGIMEN: Apply a few drops in the morning and at night before oils, creams, and moisturizers. For best results, apply to damp skin. Let absorb for 30 seconds before continuing with your routine.
- GENTLE ENOUGH FOR ALL SKIN TYPES: Powerful enough to bring results and gentle enough for daily use; this serum is suitable for all skin types. Our serum has a pH of 5.8 and is vegan, gluten-free, fragrance-free, and cruelty-free.
- HYDRATING FACE SERUM: Get your bounce back and add an unparalleled boost of hydration to your skincare routine. This gel face serum is supercharged with 1.7% hyaluronic acid, plus squalane and niacinamide, to help deliver maximum hydration.
- CREATES A PLUMP COMPLEXION: Ideal for quenching dry skin. the Holy Hydration! Triple Bounce Serum reveals fresh, plump, and supple skin. Your complexion will look and feel more hydrated.
- HOW TO USE: Add 3-5 drops to freshly cleansed skin and pat in until completely absorbed. Can be used morning and evening on freshly cleansed skin. Great for oily, combination, normal and dry skin types.
- BEAUTY TIP: Follow with the Holy Hydration! Hydro Gel Moisturizer for bouncy, plump skin.
- SKIN-LOVING INGREDIENTS: All e.l.f. products are made from skin-loving ingredients you want, minus the toxins you don’t—all at good-for-you prices. All e.l.f. products are 100% cruelty-free and Vegan.
- 1-fluid ounce of Aveeno Calm + Restore Triple Oat Hydrating Face Serum with calming feverfew for sensitive skin to instantly smooth and fortify skin's moisture barrier to leave skin feeling soft and supple
- Aveeno Calm + Restore designed for sensitive skin with nourishing oat goes beyond soothing and restores skin's natural moisture barrier. Serum leaves skin feeling hydrated after just one use. Plus, 92% agreed that skin felt instantly smooth
- The gentle, fast-absorbing formula, with Triple Oat Complex and calming feverfew, effectively calms irritated, dry skin while strengthening skin's moisture barrier for healthy, more resilience skin and leaves skin feeling soft and supple
- Ideal for sensitive skincare, the lightweight, non-comedogenic oat serum is tested on sensitive skin and free of fragrances, parabens, phthalates, dyes and alcohols. The gentle formula makes it an ideal addition to your daily skincare routine
- From a dermatologist-recommended brand for over 70 years, Aveeno Calm + Restore Oat Facial Serum instantly smooths and fortifies skin's moisture barrier for healthier looking skin. To use, apply 3 to 4 drops onto hand and massage gently on face
- 1. 59.94% of propolis extract, which is rich in ingredients, helps relieve skin troubles, 2% of niacinamide, which reduces skin troubles by balancing oil and moisture, and 0.5% of betaine salicylate helps remove sebum in pores blended together.
- 2. [Honey-like texture] It has viscosity like honey, and leaves a subtle glow of moisture, but isn’t oily nor sticky.
- 3. [Propolis] There is a record that women in the Joseon Dynasty used honey and grain powder as a wash-off mask pack to care for their skin. Honey is rich in properties, making it an effective ingredient for hydrating the skin and fighting acne.
- 4. [Niacinamide] It helps keep the skin tone be more clear and clean by reducing the mobility of melanin, the main cause that darkens the skin tone, and balances oil and water, which is effective for reducing skin troubles.
- 5. It was produced in a safe manufacturing facility certified by GMP. 2. All product booking boxes are manufactured using FSC-certified paper. 3. This product is cruelty-free and is against animal experiments. 4. We did not use artificial fragrances and colorants, essential oil, mineral oil, etc., that may irritate sensitive skin.
- The Real Snail Essence: Formulated with 96.3% Snail Secretion Filtrate, this essence repairs and rejuvenates the skin from dryness and aging. It improves skin vitality by reducing dullness and soothing dehydrated skin.
- CETAPHIL DEEP HYDRATION 48 HOUR ACTIVATION SERUM: Exclusive HYDROSENSITIVE complex deepens dynamic hydration and soothes skin sensitivity
- DEEPHY REPLENISHES SKIN'S HYDRATION FOR 48 HOURS: Rehydrates skin to restore the appearance and improve the quality of sensitive skin over time
- INSTANTLY ABSORBES AND IS LAYERABLE: lightweight serum can be used alone or layered under face lotion or cream to provide a deep boost to skin's hydration
- IDEAL FOR DRY AND DEHYDRATED SKIN: Formulated with hyaluronic acid, sunflower seed oil, vitamin B5 and antioxidant rich vitamin E to rehydrate and soothe
- DESIGNED FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: Effective yet gentle skin care that won't clog pores or irritate skin; features a gentle scent & clinically tested on sensitive skin
- Fragrance Free Hydro Boost Hyaluronic Acid Serum for face, daily face serum deeply quenches skin for extra smooth, supple skin
- Face and neck serum is free of fragrances, parabens and mineral oil and formulated with two sizes of hyaluronic acid and the skin-mimicking water-magnet trehalose and dermatologist-recommended glycerin, leaving skin feeling supple and smooth
- Dermatologist-tested daily lightweight face serum instantly quenches and infuses moisture deep into skin's surface and is suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin
- Every morning and evening, apply 4-5 drops of hyaluronic acid serum to your face and neck as a part of your daily skin care routine after cleansing with Hydro Boost Cleanser and before moisturizing with Hydro Boost Water Gel
- 1-fluid ounce bottle of Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hyaluronic Acid Fragrance-Free Facial Serum deeply quenches for extra-smooth, supple skin as part of your at-home skincare routine
- 🌿Powerful Anti-Aging Serum for Women & Men: You can not find other Hyaluronic Acid serums with retinol and Vitamin C, E, B5 & Coenzyme Q10 & Matrixyl 3000, Portulaca Oleracea and aloe extracts all added in such a way to help deeply plump skin and effectively reduce winkles, fine lines, free radicals by moisturizing skin, increasing collagen synthesis, reduce signs of aging.
- 🌿Hydro Boost Hyaluronic Serum for Face: Hyaluronic Acid Hydrates the skin and makes it feel soft and smooth. It supports up to 1,000 times its weight in water. After age 20, the hyaluronic acid starts to breaking down in our skin, cause dryness and wrinkle. That’s why we need Hyaluronic Serum products to keep skin moisturizing. This serum contains high & low weight hyaluronic acid to instantly hydrates and suitable for all skin types as well as sensitive skin.
- 🌿Skin Cells Regeneration Face serum: Our Hyaluronic acid serum promotes skin cell regeneration by offering extra hydration & barrier protection to the skin. It’s specially added Portulaca Oleracea Extract and retinol & Vitamins, they work together to promote cell renewal and prevent the damage of free radical which is the key factor for aging, melanin and wrinkle.
- 🌿Natural Anti-Oxidant Face Serum: Carefully formulated with botanical Hyaluronic and a powerful blend of organic Anti-Aging ingredients for maximum hydration and repairing. Lightweight Daily Hyaluronic Acid Facial Serum for Dry Skin, Oil-Free. No harmful chemicals, including parabens. CRUELTY-FREE and eco-friendly, you can purchase and use our skin care face serums with confidence.
- 🌿Day and Night Serum for All Skin Type: Our Hyaluronic Facial Serum has fresh texture, not greasy. Fast obsorbe in seconds after apply 2 or 3 drops and massage well. It is great face serums for all skin types no matter you are oily skin, dry skin or acne-prone skin. Excellect ordinary serum for facial skin care.
- HELPS IMPROVES APPEARANCE OF SCARS AND STRETCH MARKS - Dermatologist recommended and clinically proven for scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone and so much more
- PACKED WITH NATUAL OILS - Vitamin E helps maintain healthy looking skin while natural Chamomile and Lavender Oil calm and soothe
- LOCKS IN ESSENTIAL HYDRATION WITHOUT CLOGGING PORES - Bio-Oil Skincare Oil is a uniquely formulated, non-greasy body oil that hydrates skin and helps retain essential moisture
- PLANET & ANIMAL FRIENDLY — Vegan friendly, paraben free, cruelty free, non-comedogenic, and 100% recyclable
- FORMULATED FOR ALL SKIN TYPES - Helps soften skin for all types, tones, textures and safe for use on face and body and won't clog pores
What to look for in serum for dry skin
When shopping for a serum for dry skin, it is important to keep in mind what your specific needs are. Do you need a serum that will hydrate your skin? One that will help to repair the damage? Or one that will do both?
If you have dry skin, chances are you also have sensitive skin. This means that you’ll want to avoid any serums that contain harsh chemicals or fragrances. Instead, look for serums that are specifically designed for sensitive skin. These will be gentle and won’t irritate your skin.
Another thing to keep in mind is that not all serums are created equal. Some serums may work well for one person but not so well for another. This is why it is important to read reviews before purchasing a serum. This way, you can see what other people have had to say about the product and decide if it is right for you.
Finally, don’t forget to consult with your dermatologist before using any new skincare product. They can help you determine if a particular serum is right for you and your skin type. Here are some best dark spot correctors in 2023.
How to apply serum for dry skin
When you have dry skin, it’s important to use a serum that will hydrate and nourish your skin. Serums are typically applied after cleansing and before moisturizing, so they can penetrate deep into the skin. To apply a serum, dispense a pea-sized amount onto your fingertips and massage it into your face and neck using gentle, circular motions. You can also add a few drops of serum to your favorite moisturizer to boost its hydrating power.
When shopping for a serum for dry skin, look for one that contains hyaluronic acid or glycerin, which are both great ingredients for retaining moisture. You might also want to consider a serum with vitamin E to help protect the skin from free radical damage. And be sure to choose a product that is non-comedogenic, so it won’t clog your pores.
If you’re not sure which serum is right for you, ask your dermatologist or esthetician for recommendations. Here are some best eye creams for dark circles in 2023.
Serum ingredients to avoid if you have dry skin
Alcohol. You’ll find alcohol high up on the list of ingredients in many serums, and it’s a big no-no for those with dry skin. Alcohol can be extremely drying and strips the skin of its natural oils, which can lead to further irritation and sensitivity. If you do see alcohol listed as an ingredient, make sure it’s far down the list so that there isn’t a high concentration of it.
Fragrance. Many serums contain added fragrance, which can be a problem for those with dry or sensitive skin. Fragrance can cause irritation and inflammation, so if you have dry skin, it’s best to avoid products that contain it.
Retinoids. Retinoids are powerful ingredients that can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. However, they can also be drying, so if you have dry skin, you may want to avoid products that contain them.
Essential oils. Essential oils are often used in skincare products because of their potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. However, they can also be irritating to the skin, so if you have dry skin, it’s best to avoid products that contain them.
When choosing a serum for dry skin, it’s important to look for one that contains hydrating ingredients like hyaluronic acid and glycerin. Avoid serums that contain drying ingredients like alcohol, retinoids, and essential oils. You may also want to visit Best Face Sunscreens For Your Face in 2023.
- Hydration Synergy: The Hyaluronic Acid Serum and Oil-Free Moisturizer work in harmony to deliver intense hydration and nourishment to your skin. Together, they create a dynamic duo that leaves your skin plump, radiant, and beautifully moisturized.
- Youthful Glow Team:The serum's hyaluronic acid helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, while the moisturizer maintains the moisture balance of your skin. This combined approach promotes a more youthful and smoother complexion, enhancing your skin's natural radiance.
- Skin-Friendly Harmony: Designed to cater to various skin types, this bundle addresses the hydration needs of all, from dry to oily skin. While the serum revitalizes and hydrates, the oil-free moisturizer ensures a matte finish without clogging pores, creating a harmonious skincare routine.
- Confidence in Clean Beauty: Trust in the Gunilla of Sweden commitment to clean, natural ingredients, and environmentally responsible practices. With this bundle, you not only experience superior skincare but also support a brand dedicated to clean and sustainable beauty.
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed: If for any reason you aren't satisfied, we offer a 90-day money-back guarantee - Certified Women-Owned Business.
- REDUCES FINE LINES & WRINKLES - Infused with hyaluronic acid, this serum helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, leaving you with youthful-looking skin.
- RETAINS SKIN MOISTURE - The hyaluronic acid in this serum helps your skin retain moisture, keeping it plump and radiant.
- BOOSTS HYDRATION - This daily hydrating face serum is suitable for all skin types, including dry, normal, and oily, and helps boost your skin's hydration levels.
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS - Our serum is crafted using natural ingredients and is free from harsh chemicals such as parabens, sulfates, and mineral oils, making it safe and gentle for daily use.
- Anti-aging Serum powered by Plant Stem Cell Technology
- Powered with Rare Swiss Apple Extracts for skin rejuvenation
- Reduces wrinkles in just 4 weeks
- Evens out skin tone in just 2 weeks
- REDUCES ACNE MARKS & DARK SPOTS: Formulated with Niacinamide, Radiance+ Concentrate Face Serum reduces acne marks and fades dark spots and blemishes, leaving a perfectly hydrated and moisturized skin
- REDUCES AND TIGHTENS THE PORES: Watermelon, with its super hydrating properties actively controls excessive oil production, hydrates the skin, and tightens the pores to give you a smoother, softer skin texture.
- Item Form: Drop
- Skin Concerns: Dull & Dehydrated Skin, Damaged Skin, Wrinkles & Fine Lines, Sunburn & Sun Tan, Flacky, patchy, Cracked & Rough Skin
- Special Features: Anti-Aging, Anti-Pigmentation, Skin brightening, Spot lightening, Skin tone corrector, Oil Balancing, Pore Cleanser, Anti-Wrinkle, Anti-Scars, Anti-inflammatory
- Benefits: Long-lasting Moisturization, Promotes Youthful Skin, Reduces & Lighten Hyperpigmentation or Dark Spots, Enhance Skin Radiance, Vibrant Complexion, Even Out Overall Skin Tone, Effectively Cleanse & Unclog Pores, Reduces Wrinkles & Fine Lines, Improves Skin Texture & Smoothness, Soothing
- Active Ingredients: Calendula Extract, Glycerin, Vitamin E, C15-19 Alkane
- For Men & Women
What is the best serum for dry skin?
This is a difficult question to answer because there are so many different types of serums and each person’s skin is unique. However, we can narrow it down to a few serums that are popular among people with dry skin. Some of the best serums for dry skin include hyaluronic acid serums, rosehip seed oil serums, and argan oil serums.
How do I know if I have dry skin?
The best way to determine whether you have dry skin is to consult with a dermatologist. They will be able to evaluate your skin type and recommend the best course of treatment. However, there are some general signs that you may have dry skin, such as flaking, redness, tightness, and itchiness.
What are the causes of dry skin?
There are many possible causes of dry skin, including genetics, environmental factors, and certain medical conditions. However, the most common cause of dry skin is simply not getting enough moisture. This can be due to using harsh soaps, hot water, windy weather, or indoor heating.
How can I treat dry skin?
The best way to treat dry skin is to use a humidifier and moisturize regularly. You may also want to consider using a serum designed specifically for dry skin. Serums can help to lock in moisture and provide other benefits, such as reducing wrinkles or evening out skin tone.
What are the best ingredients for dry skin?
Some of the best ingredients for dry skin include hyaluronic acid, rosehip seed oil, argan oil, and shea butter. These ingredients are all effective at trapping moisture in the skin and helping to keep it hydrated.
What is the difference between a moisturizer and a serum?
A moisturizer is a product that is designed to add moisture to the skin, while a serum is a product that is designed to trap moisture in the skin. Serums are often more concentrated than moisturizers and can provide other benefits, such as reducing wrinkles or evening-out skin tone.