When you have dry skin, it can feel tight, itchy, and irritated. You may also notice that your skin looks duller than usual. A good quality serum can help to address these issues by delivering hydration and nutrients deep into the skin. In this article, we will review the best serums for dry skin on the market in 2022.
The best serum for dry skin will depend on your specific needs. If you are looking for a product to help with fine lines and wrinkles, then you will want a serum that contains hyaluronic acid or retinol. For a boost of hydration, look for serums that contain glycerin or hyaluronic acid. If you have sensitive skin, then you will want to avoid serums with fragrances or other harsh ingredients.
When choosing a serum for dry skin, it is important to consider the ingredients. Some ingredients, like hyaluronic acid, are great for all skin types, while others, like retinol, are best suited for specific skin concerns. Be sure to read the label carefully and choose a product that contains only ingredients that are beneficial for dry skin.
We’ve rounded up the best serums for dry skin below. These products have been selected based on their ability to hydrate and nourish the skin, as well as their ability to target specific concerns like fine lines and wrinkles. Here are some best Wrinkle Fillers in 2022.
- Your Daily Moisture Magnet: This is no ordinary skin care product. Use our hyaluronic acid serum to create a hydration "sandwich" for a plumper, juicier and calmer complexion. Consistent use helps prevent moisture loss by filling the gap between your skin cells so your skin can seal in moisture.
- Anti-Aging and Anti-Wrinkle Properties: The pure hyaluronic acid in this face serum is a powerful ointment that draws in moisture to your skin. Use it daily on a cleansed, damp facial skin and enjoy the effect of reduced fine lines and wrinkles, and restored elasticity. it will turn back the clock, without breaking down your skin!
- Skin Hydration: This face brightening serum can penetrate deeper skin levels and hydrate them. Deep hydration prevents inflammation - a common issue that leads to reduced resilience to pollution, sun exposure, cold, and wind.
- Safe for All Skin Types: Our vegan formula is suitable for sensitive complexions prone to irritation and clogged pores. You can use our hyloranic acid serum as a part of your daytime & nighttime skincare routine. It works well with Vitamin C face serum, retinol, alpha hydroxy acids(AHAs) and beta hydroxy acids (BHAs).
- No Harmful Ingredients: Our formula doesn’t contain parabens, fragrance, sulfates, and oils. Use it twice a day by applying 2-4 drops into your palm and gently rubbing it on your face and neck area. Apply on damp skin and follow with a moisturizer to lock in hydration. Safe to use with vitamin C serum and face oils. All of our beauty products are vegan, gluten free and cruelty-free.
- [ HYALURONIC ACID SERUM ] CeraVe Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid Serum for Face is formulated with our highest concentration of hyaluronic acid, an ingredient that helps retain skin’s natural moisture. Helps skin appear more hydrated and smoother.
- [ SMOOTH TEXTURE ] Lightweight, hydrating serum with a smooth, gel texture. If layering with an eye cream or facial moisturizer, apply HA Serum in a thin layer to slightly damp skin and allow to fully absorb into skin before applying additional products.
- [ ALL DAY HYDRATION ] With Vitamin B5 to help soothe skin. Features CeraVe's patented MVE ingredient-delivery technology to continually release moisturizing ingredients and provide 24-hour lasting hydration.
- [ 3 ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier
- [ DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED BRAND ] Noncomedogenic, paraben free, and fragrance free. CeraVe Skincare is developed with dermatologists and has products suitable for dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, acne-prone, and more
- Provides instant efficacy for a 'pick-me-up' that leaves skin smoother, more radiant and feeling hydrated all day, while diminishing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles over time
- Innovative Isoplentix Technology formulated using Vitamin B3 (niacinamide), Abyssinian Oil and Hibiscus Oil for instant light hydration and to replenish skin's nature moisture barrier
- Abyssinian & Hibiscus Oils rich in antioxidants supports skin's natural barrier; Vitamin B a gold standard ingredient that help soothe skin and diminish the appearance of fine lines
- Lightweight hydrating facial serum for dry, dehydrated, dull, and lackluster skin
- Hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, dermatologist tested and Ophthalmologist tested
- 1-fluid ounce of Aveeno Calm + Restore Triple Oat Hydrating Face Serum for sensitive and irritated, dry skin to instantly smooth and fortify skin's moisture barrier for healthier looking skin
- This lightweight daily facial serum absorbs quickly, leaving skin feeling hydrated after just one use. Plus, 92 percent agreed that skin felt instantly smooth
- The hypoallergenic formula, with Triple Oat Complex, a combination of oat flour, extract and oil, and calming feverfew, effectively calms irritated, dry skin while strengthening skin's moisture barrier for long-term resilience
- Ideal for sensitive skincare, the nourishing oat serum is fragrance-free, paraben-free, alcohol-free, dye-free, phthalate-free, tested on sensitive skin and it's non-comedogenic, so it won't clog pores
- From Aveeno, a dermatologist recommended brand use this gentle skin-smoothing and calming serum for 3x the power of oat
- 1-fluid ounce bottle of Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid Serum to deliver higher hydration levels for skin that glows day after day
- Contains hyaluronic acid, a hydrator found naturally in the skin, attracts moisture and locks it in. Plus, the gentle hydrating formula is both oil-free and non-comedogenic, so it won't clog pores
- Unique face serum formula helps you achieve a fully hydrated complexion that stay smooth, supple, and glows from within
- Hyaluronic acid serum absorbs quickly to quench skin and addresses the root cause of dryness to deliver hydration
- Complete your at-home skincare routine with this oil-free facial serum and pair with other products from the Neutrogena Hydro Boost collection which includes hydrating Hand Cream, Body Gel Cream, Facial Moisturizers and Cleansers
- For ultra hydrated and soft skin, Hyaluronic Acid serum is like magic! Our hyaluronic acid serum pulls water from a moisturizer or damp skin and absorbs it, hyaluronic acid has the ability to absorb up to 500x its weight of water.
- You receieve a large 8 oz bottle, and also you will receive the smaller 2 oz bottle, you can easily refill your dropper bottle when it is running low.
- Syrup like consistency, which is thicker than a majority of our competitors while still being easy to spread
- Don't confuse our low price with the quality, SenAllis Cosmetics is the direct manufacturer of this product, quality is guaranteed, if you dont love our product, send it back within 30 days for a full refund
- No FRAGRANCES, PTHALATES, PARABENS, we strive to keep these ingredients out of our cosmetic products which will dry your skin out, and cause irritation.
- ✅ THIS KOREAN SKIN CARE VITAMIN C serum contains the same potent, active ingredients as the $160 Skinceuticals CE Ferulic Serum
- ✅ EXTREMELY EFFECTIVE - WE PROMISE you'll begin to see results with this K beauty product within 3 weeks when used daily
- ✅ POTENT ANTI AGING, ANTI WRINKLE serum is proven to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines & crows feet
- ✅ THIS TOPICAL VITAMIN C ALSO helps to fade sun spots and is guaranteed to provide you with a brighter more youthful complexion
- ✅ THIS FACIAL SERUM HELPS TO shrink pores, clear up acne, prevent breakouts, and minimize the appearance of acne scars & perfect under korean makeup
- This anti-aging ultra hydrating pure hyaluronic acid face and neck serum leaves skin feeling plump to the touch and helps repair skin by replenishing the natural moisture barrier
- This serum combines concentrated pure hyaluronic acid, madecassoside and vitamin B5 for optimal effectiveness while also being suitable for sensitive skin
- Recommended for: Fine lines, Loss of volume, Elasticity, Dehydrated skin, Sensitive skin
- Pure hyaluronic acid serum hydrates and visibly plumps skin. Rich serum texture leaves skin feeling supple and hydrated to the touch
- 4 week consumer test showed 90% of users felt their skin was more hydrated, softer, and more supple
- Hydration Hero: Get your daily dose of moisture for soft, smooth, youthful-looking skin; our water-based serum with Hyaluronic Acid seals in hydration for a healthy looking complexion, day and night
- Helps Reduce Fine Lines & Wrinkles: Collagen and Peptides help improve the health and overall appearance of skin; this lightweight gel helps regulate oil production and give you a shine-free, balanced complexion
- Clinically Proven Results: In a consumer perception study, our moisturizing serum immediately improved skin hydration by 178%, with 100% of panelists reporting an increase in skin moisture levels after just one use
- Free From: Alcohol, artificial colorants, artificial fragrance, lanolin, mineral oil, parabens, petrolatum, phthalates, propylene glycol, sulfates, talc, formaldehydes, oxybenzone, coal tar, triclocarban, ethanol, ethyl alcohol, denatured alcohol
- Dermatologist Tested: Suitable for all skin types, including oily, dry and sensitive skin, our cruelty-free face serum is also gluten-free, nano-free, non-comedogenic, nut-free, oil-free, and soy-free
- SheaMoisture Daily Hydration Hyaluronic Acid Serum is a lightweight face serum for dry skin.
- Formulated with 100% Virgin Coconut Oil, this face serum skin care hydrates dry skin, combination skin and even the most sensitive skin; it leaves behind radiant skin.
- This Hyaluronic Acid face serum by SheaMoisture will soak right into your dry skin, adding moisture to boost skin's smoothness and leave behind glowing skin.
- Shake serum well before use. Apply two to three drops on clean, clear skin and massage serum onto face. Follow with 100% Virgin Coconut Oil Daily Hydration Face Lotion.
- All of SheaMoisture skin care for women or mens skin care, including this dry skin treatment, are cruelty-free and have been tested on friends and family, never on animals.
What to look for in serum for dry skin
When shopping for a serum for dry skin, it is important to keep in mind what your specific needs are. Do you need a serum that will hydrate your skin? One that will help to repair the damage? Or one that will do both?
If you have dry skin, chances are you also have sensitive skin. This means that you’ll want to avoid any serums that contain harsh chemicals or fragrances. Instead, look for serums that are specifically designed for sensitive skin. These will be gentle and won’t irritate your skin.
Another thing to keep in mind is that not all serums are created equal. Some serums may work well for one person but not so well for another. This is why it is important to read reviews before purchasing a serum. This way, you can see what other people have had to say about the product and decide if it is right for you.
Finally, don’t forget to consult with your dermatologist before using any new skincare product. They can help you determine if a particular serum is right for you and your skin type. Here are some best dark spot correctors in 2022.
How to apply serum for dry skin
When you have dry skin, it’s important to use a serum that will hydrate and nourish your skin. Serums are typically applied after cleansing and before moisturizing, so they can penetrate deep into the skin. To apply a serum, dispense a pea-sized amount onto your fingertips and massage it into your face and neck using gentle, circular motions. You can also add a few drops of serum to your favorite moisturizer to boost its hydrating power.
When shopping for a serum for dry skin, look for one that contains hyaluronic acid or glycerin, which are both great ingredients for retaining moisture. You might also want to consider a serum with vitamin E to help protect the skin from free radical damage. And be sure to choose a product that is non-comedogenic, so it won’t clog your pores.
If you’re not sure which serum is right for you, ask your dermatologist or esthetician for recommendations. Here are some best eye creams for dark circles in 2022.
Serum ingredients to avoid if you have dry skin
Alcohol. You’ll find alcohol high up on the list of ingredients in many serums, and it’s a big no-no for those with dry skin. Alcohol can be extremely drying and strips the skin of its natural oils, which can lead to further irritation and sensitivity. If you do see alcohol listed as an ingredient, make sure it’s far down the list so that there isn’t a high concentration of it.
Fragrance. Many serums contain added fragrance, which can be a problem for those with dry or sensitive skin. Fragrance can cause irritation and inflammation, so if you have dry skin, it’s best to avoid products that contain it.
Retinoids. Retinoids are powerful ingredients that can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. However, they can also be drying, so if you have dry skin, you may want to avoid products that contain them.
Essential oils. Essential oils are often used in skincare products because of their potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. However, they can also be irritating to the skin, so if you have dry skin, it’s best to avoid products that contain them.
When choosing a serum for dry skin, it’s important to look for one that contains hydrating ingredients like hyaluronic acid and glycerin. Avoid serums that contain drying ingredients like alcohol, retinoids, and essential oils. You may also want to visit Best Face Sunscreens For Your Face in 2022.
- LIGHTWEIGHT ANTI PIGMENTATION SERUM: Alpha Arbutin added in this de pigmentation serum is one of the advanced skin lightening ingredient that is clinically proven to reduce hyperpigmentation & blemishes.This serum is lighter than traditional pigmentation removal creams thus absorbs quickly leaving no sticky residue. It is safe to be used daily as an anti-pigmentation serum.
- REDUCES TANNING & SPOTS: Reduces dark spots, acne marks (or pimple marks), resulting in even skin tone. Alpha Arbutin added in this serum by DSM is proven to reduce tanning after UV exposure. A regular use of this serum can help in reducing skin tan, dark spots & photo damage along with broad spectrum sunscreen.
- EFFECTIVE & SAFE De-PIGMENTATION SERUM: It is one of safest and effective skin lightening active compared to other actives such as Kojic Acid used in traditional pigmentation removal cream.. It inhibits melanin production without causing cell cytotoxicity thus is safe to be used as anti-pigmentation daily serum for longer durations unlike other skin lightening or brightening ingredients.
- CLEAN & TRANSPARENT BEAUTY: This serum is (i) Fragrance-free (ii) Silicones-free (iii) Sulfates-free (iv) Parabens-free (v) Essential Oils-free and (vi) Dyes-free. Also, it is non-comedogenic, oil-free, and hypoallergenic. Formulated at pH 4.7 - 5.2 with key ingredient sourced from leading global supplier Royal DSM, Netherlands.
- FOR ALL SKIN TYPES: Alpha Arbutin is suitable for all skin type. With added Hyaluronic acid and Aloe Vera it is suitable for dry or sensitive skin as well.
- 【DERMAX PERFECTION SERUME】This Beauty Product Targets Like a Serum, Feels Like a Gel and Hydrates. Moisturize the Skin, Make Skin Looks Glow and Youthful, Make Your Skin More Radiant and Beautiful.
- 【ANTI-AGING WRINKLE SKIN】Regain the Skin Elasticity and Visibly Result After Applying for Long-term Use. Reduces the Contraction Frequency of Muscle Cells on the Face, Thereby Decreasing the Appearance of the Expression Line.
- 【NOURISHING AND MOISTURIZING】Moisturize the Skin, Non-greasy, Make Skin Looks Glow and Youthful, Make Your Skin More Radiant and Beautiful.
- 【LIFT & TIGHTEN】Immediately Moisturize and Fill Wrinkles, Minimizing the Appearance of Fine Lines with Visible Results After 1st Application.
- 【SUITABLE FOR ALL SKIN TYPES】Our Poreless Skin Tightening Serum Has No Side Effects and is Suitable for Dry, Oily, Combination, Sensitive Skin All Skin Types.
- Shani Darden Retinol Reform. A game-changing serum for firmer, youthful-looking skin. It softens fine lines & wrinkles, smooths texture and adds radiance.
- Multitasking Anti-Aging Serum. Our gentle yet potent time-release formula combines firming retinol with lactic acid to transform your skin.
- Why It Works. Encapsulated Retinol contains a more, gentle slow-release retinol that helps reduce visible signs of aging. Lactic Acid exfoliates the skin to smooth and illuminate for noticeable results.
- How To Use It. Apply in the PM after cleanser and toner/essence. Use 2-3 pumps and smooth onto dry face and neck. Gently tap into the under-eye area. Start with 1-2 times per week and add a night each week to build tolerance.
- Results-Oriented Skin Care. Expert esthetician Shani Darden shares her proven formulas for all skin types. Products are cruelty-free, vegan, and free from parabens, silicone, and fragrance.
- Hyaluronic Peptide Serum - a new generation EGF restorative moisturiser
- LIFTING AND FIRMING: This facial serum nourishes the skin, replenishes collagen, helps regulate cellular activity, firms the skin and restores a youthful appearance.
- THE BEST GIFT: You can give this bottle of anti aging and hydrating collagen serum as a gift to your wife, girlfriend, mother. Let them keep their youthful skin all the time.
- GENTLE: Made from plant extracts, the ingredients are mild and free from any chemical harmful substances, so you can buy and use with confidence.
- HYDRATION: This serum also helps hydrate the face, improving dehydrated skin, energizing the skin and deeply nourishing your skin for a fresher and smoother look.
- REDUCES WRINKLES: Enriched with special plant extracts to reduce and improve most wrinkles on the face, this is a serum that promotes anti aging.
What is the best serum for dry skin?
This is a difficult question to answer because there are so many different types of serums and each person’s skin is unique. However, we can narrow it down to a few serums that are popular among people with dry skin. Some of the best serums for dry skin include hyaluronic acid serums, rosehip seed oil serums, and argan oil serums.
How do I know if I have dry skin?
The best way to determine whether you have dry skin is to consult with a dermatologist. They will be able to evaluate your skin type and recommend the best course of treatment. However, there are some general signs that you may have dry skin, such as flaking, redness, tightness, and itchiness.
What are the causes of dry skin?
There are many possible causes of dry skin, including genetics, environmental factors, and certain medical conditions. However, the most common cause of dry skin is simply not getting enough moisture. This can be due to using harsh soaps, hot water, windy weather, or indoor heating.
How can I treat dry skin?
The best way to treat dry skin is to use a humidifier and moisturize regularly. You may also want to consider using a serum designed specifically for dry skin. Serums can help to lock in moisture and provide other benefits, such as reducing wrinkles or evening out skin tone.
What are the best ingredients for dry skin?
Some of the best ingredients for dry skin include hyaluronic acid, rosehip seed oil, argan oil, and shea butter. These ingredients are all effective at trapping moisture in the skin and helping to keep it hydrated.
What is the difference between a moisturizer and a serum?
A moisturizer is a product that is designed to add moisture to the skin, while a serum is a product that is designed to trap moisture in the skin. Serums are often more concentrated than moisturizers and can provide other benefits, such as reducing wrinkles or evening-out skin tone.